Saturday 16 October 2010

Scott Maslen nearly killed a man

Read about this in The Daily Mirror today. You can read a shorter article over on Digital Spy and we've copied it below.
"EastEnders star Scott Maslen has revealed that he once feared he had killed a man during a street fight.

The actor, who plays Jack Branning in the BBC One soap, admitted that he hit the man with a steel pipe when he was a teenager, after arriving to back up a friend who was being racially abused.

He told The Mirror: "I met him there and he knocked on their door. He received a complete tirade of racist abuse from this 40-something geezer, the father of some of the boys. We were just 16. I was about 15st and had just been sitting on the wall listening.

"Suddenly it had all gone off and turned very nasty. The father went back in the house, I thought to call the police, but actually came back outside with a baseball bat. One of the kids pulled a bit of steel piping from a nearby skip. He swung it into my ribs, then into the side window of a car.

"I was an animal trapped up a dead end street. Somehow I grabbed the piping, went back up the street and whacked the dad. We ran off. It was a mad two minutes. I stayed up that night studying for my O level history exam the next day but all the time in the back of my mind thinking 'maybe I killed him'."

Maslen, currently starring in Strictly Come Dancing, also revealed that he once got involved in football violence as a teenager."

The article also mentioned that Scott used to be a model. You can see some of his modelling pictures here.

No comments: